Financial Analyst - CIMA/ACCA studier
£35,000 - £45,000 (depending on experience) + full study support + 25 days holiday + pensions + health-care
Slough based - 5 days per week
This is a superb, newly created role, that requires an articulate, highly motivated and engaging individual, who is actively studying ACCA/CIMA. You will received a high calibre of training and on-boarding and will be very warmly welcomed by the Finance Business Partner and Group FD within this £45 mn t/o B2B client who operate from their Slough Head Office.
You will also have various touch points with their Midlands Team as well as the wider Commercial Finance and Reporting team, Financial Control team, Operations, HR and external auditors.
This position provides and exciting opportunity to work in the Commercial Finance and Reporting team in a highly visible finance role to drive robust reporting, business performance and insight.
The purpose of the Finance Analyst is to assist the accurate and timely production of the period end results as well as delivering accurate and relevant reporting to the Board, Exec and wider business including understanding key variances and movements. In addition, the position will be involved in various improvements projects and supporting with the planning and forecasting process as and when required.
Responsibilities as the Financial Analyst
- Assisting with the delivery of accurate periodic Profit & Loss
- To ensure the accounts reflect an accurate cost base by reviewing and understanding variances to budget and last year and accruing and prepaying costs appropriately
- To produce variance analysis on key revenue and cost lines with explanations to support variances to budget, forecast and last year
- Produce robust balance sheet reconciliations and ensure outstanding items are cleared in a timely fashion
- Assisting in the forecasting and annual budgeting processes and provide financial support to key business stakeholders
- To assist in the production of daily, weekly and periodic reporting as well as management information packs and board papers
- To produce slides for board meeting and present finance at briefings as and when required
- To proactively improve and streamlining process to enable improved reporting and efficiency of the month end process.
- To assist the financial control team with the preparation of statutory financial statements for subsidiaries and relevant supporting work papers for the year end audit
- To provide financial support to ad-hoc projects as well as any other ad-hoc duties as request by the Finance Business Partner or Financial control team.
Qualification, Skills and Specialist Knowledge:
Part or Finalist ACA / ACCA / ACMA or equivalent
- Excellent attention to detail and drive for accuracy
- Ability to challenge processes and identify improvements to build robust efficient processes / enhance existing ways of working
- Good analytical skills
- Good communications skills - written and verbal
- Financial Modelling, IT and Excel skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Good relationship management
- Experience of SAGE desirable but not required
- Bright, ambitious, confident and enthusiastic
- Experience of assisting with landing a month end accurately and within a deadline
- Experience of working in a fast-paced team with a winning together mentality
- A real team player who is diligent and has a strong work ethic and passion to succeed
- Solution focussed with the ability to challenge processes and identify improvements to build robust efficient processes / enhance existing ways of working.
- Questioning mindset and desire to identify and make improvements
- A willingness to learn and adapt to change and new ideas
- Processional, flexible and reliable
This is a superb, unique, rewarding Financial Analyst role, where long term career progression is also available. Please note this role is requiring 5 days in the Slough Office - which enables you to have all of the wonderful training and support that you need.
Please contact me for further details on this super new Financial Analyst role.