Financial Accountant - Reading
An international FMCG client organisation based in Reading are looking for an ambitious candidate, who is preferably studying ACCA or CIMA, and is likely to be Part-Qualified, and previously already sat some ACCA or CIMA exams.
You will undertake the financial accounting responsibilities as follows, and essentially it is an opportunity to work with a highly credible finance team, reporting directly to the Financial Controller (and the FD).
Key Responsibilities as the successful Financial Accountant:
- Intercompany balance sheet reconcilations
- Maintainence of Fixed Asset register
- Preparation of accruals and pre-payments
- Assisting with production of the Statutory Accounts and point of contact for audit purposes
- Participation with financial reviews, providing commentary where needed
- Preparation of Stock valuation
- Cash-flow forecasting
- Review the monthly cash flow statement and obtain explanations for variance to budget
- Manage and maintain accurate records for all key balance sheet items
- Manage month end management accounts for all balance sheet and cash flow related elements
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Assist in the preparation of Statutory Accounts and Corporation Tax returns
- Business partnering with cost-centre owners
- Ad-hoc project work with the Financial Controller
Skills and experience:
- Part Qualified ACCA/CIMA
- Possess a strong academic track record
- Offering the ability to be professional and a confident individual
- Computer skills: SAP (desirable but not essential), Advanced Excel
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to field multiple queries at any time and prioritise accordingly
- Works well both in a team and individually
- Well organized with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to act on own initiative
For more information please contact me directly for this superb Financial Accountant opportunity in Reading. My client is currently operating flexibly at home and also in the office, so ideally you will live within a commutable distance of Reading. My client offers superb, modern offices, that are regularly COVID tested and are in easy reach of all public transport routes as well as plenty of free parking on site.
In terms of a package, on top of the annual salary, you will receive up to 10% bonus, 25 days holiday, pension, health-care and study support.