Walsall, West Midlands
£45000.00 - £51000.00 per annum + Bonus, Car, Pension
2 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently supporting a FTSE 250 business based in Walsall who are recruiting for a Financial Accountant to join them in there Group Function. This role would ideally suit an individual who is currently working in either a Big4 or Top10 firm.
Key Accountabilities: Financial Accountant, Walsall
Group financial reporting
- Establish a good working knowledge of the Hyperion Financial Management (Consolidation) system and in time, complete the consolidation for the Group.
- Initially support the Head of Financial Reporting in preparation of the monthly accounts with a specific reference to processing consolidation journals, checking the integrity of the consolidation and clearing any identified errors through liaison with local teams and Group reporting colleagues.
- Complete Group balance sheet reconciliations, liaising with local teams to understand balance sheet movements.
- Support the preparation of the Annual Report and Interim Report together with liaison with external auditors, with a view that over time this role would take a leading role in the Annual Report process.
- Own the process of collating data from the businesses at interim and year end to support accounting disclosures and prepare supporting deliverables files for audit.
Group finance and controls
- In conjunction with HFM specialists and the Head of Financial Reporting, contribute to the administration and enhancement of the Group's HFM environment.
- Maintain and update the Group Financial Toolkit, a key part of our financial governance and control structure.
- Take part in ad hoc Group Finance projects including enhancement of the control environment through the use of new technologies, robotics & automation.
- Support the Head Office Senior Accountant working with external brokers & businesses across the Group during the annual insurance renewal process.
- Review of local accounting papers
- Preparation of Group accounting papers
- Integration of new businesses into HFM
- Technical guidance on accounting
- Identification of intangibles and valuation model reviews
Key Skills and Experiences: Financial Accountant, Walsall
- Big 4 or Top 10 Qualified ACA Accountant
- FTSE 250 audit experience ideally in the support services sector with evidence of auditing a PLC company, corporate head office and drafting audit committee papers.
- Up to date technical expertise in financial accounting, in particular IFRS, plc reporting requirements and consolidated financial reporting in an international context. In particular, demonstrate a strong understanding of IFRSs 2, 3, 15 & 16.
If you are interested in the exception first time move into industry within a fantastic FTSE listed business please do get in touch.