Walsall, West Midlands
£45000.00 - £50000 per annum + private healthcare, pension
about 1 year ago
Do you aspire to work for a leading FMCG brand-name, who are growing from strength to strength, taking market share and emerging into new markets? Are you a meticulous Financial Accountant who takes great pride in their work and meeting deadlines? Would you love to be part of a tight knit, friendly, inter-dependant team who are held in the highest regard across the business? If so, this is the perfect opportunity for you to join a great team within a great company based near Walsall, West Midlands.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, the Financial Accountant is a critical role in supporting both the finance department and the wider business to develop and enhance the accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting and business processes.
Key responsibilities of the Financial Accountant will include:
- Prepare the group's statutory financial statements under UK GAAP, including group consolidation requirements and lead the annual external audit.
- Project manage the delivery of the annual strategic planning and budgeting processes, co-ordinating with key stakeholders and finance colleagues.
- Lead and manage key areas of the month end close process alongside finance colleagues including co-ordination and submission of group reporting requirements.
- Prepare the group's quarterly VAT returns in line with HMRC requirements including making tax digital.
- Identify opportunities for, lead and manage the enhancement of business processes and the development of new financial reporting requirements and KPI's to ensure the accuracy and completeness of monthly and quarterly regulatory reporting.
- Lead and manage the improvement of the group's working capital, cashflow forecasting including forex forecasting.
- Collaborate with a range of department heads and key personnel across the business and provide support to all members of the finance team in peak trading periods and absences.
WHO WE SEEK:
We are seeking a Qualified Accountant (ACA / ICAS/ ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA) with a proven track record of producing statutory and management accounts, or an accountant looking to make their 1st move into Industry from Practice. You will be technically competent, with good knowledge of IFRS and UK Gaap, and ideally experience of using an ERP system such as SAP. Strong MS Excel skills are also required for associated analytical work.
In person the Financial Accountant we seek will be self-motivated, with an infectious drive to succeed; someone who has an eye for detail and an analytical thinker with exceptional problem solving skills. You will also be a collaborative team-player who takes great pride in their work, and can build strong trustworthy relationships across the business and externally at all levels.
Salary of between £45-50,000 (dependant on experience), plus a private healthcare scheme, a contributory pension, and 33 days holiday.
To apply for this Financial Accountant role based near Walsall, please apply with your most recent CV at your earliest convenience, or please get in touch directly for more detail about the business and the role.