Coventry, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Bonus
8 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting an organisation in Coventry to recruit a Financial Accountant who can lead a small team and take ownership of the General Ledger and support with a variety of new projects.
The role has become available due to internal progression, and is an excellent opportunity to join a large finance team where internal opportunities are always available to high performers. Management experience is not necessary and would suit an Individual who enjoys a varied job, and is looking for a role where they will be challenged and developed.
The role will see a Finalist/Qualified Accountant taking full ownership of the journal entries into the system, which will need to be analysed, and manually inputted into the accounting system (SAP), while also leading on a variety of projects that need to be progressed. These will include system upgrades and process improvement activities.
The ideal candidate needs to be ambitious with a hunger to identify potential changes, and drive through improvements, a natural ability to build relationships and communicate with a range of departments and previous experience in a hands on environment.
- Management of a timely monthly close cycle
- Maintenance of feeder system interfaces into the General ledger
- Management of the complex and critical processes associated with period close
- Efficient and accurate processing of all general ledger journals
- Maintenance of Chart of accounts, changes to master data, cost & profit centre structures
- Management of cash and banking, reconciliations and systems
Package on offer:
- £40,000 - £45,000
- Double matched pension
- Private Medical
- Flexi Hours