Financial Accountant - Birmingham - 40 - 45k
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a service provider in Birmingham who are looking for a Financial Accountant to join their team and be responsible for all aspects of financial accounting and controls.
As the Financial Accountant in Birmingham the day to day will include ensuring the underlying financial records accurately reflect the results of all subsidiaries across the group, whilst also maintaining clear financial control and advising on all information provided by partners is accurate and in line with group polices. The Financial Accountant in Birmingham will also be crucial in building relationships between the group function and the wider business ensuring that financial support is constantly provided.
The finance team is very social and need a lively individual who enjoys building relationships with their colleagues, but also wants to ensure the day job is completed to a high standard. The office hours are between 9 - 5pm with flexibility available for individuals who need it. This role is hands on and with new owners it is essential the accounts are accurate and month end close days are reduced. The aim for this position is that the incumbent moves into a Finance Manager role which will provide line management exposure, alongside full ownership of the monthly accounting process.
Financial Accountant in Birmingham responsibilities:
- To ensure the efficient completion of the periodic accounts process in respect of managed investment information, including posting accounting journals and production of supporting schedules as required;
- To review periodic Balance Sheet reconciliations, ensuring unusual transactions are queried with managed investment partners in a timely manner;
- Work with the investment partners and our internal teams to ensure that all necessary controls are adhered to, that we maintain a robust control of cash and that the relevant controls set out in the managed investment agreements etc are complied with;
- Be the primary point of contact for managed investment partners for any accounts queries, but also for any wider finance queries, redirecting as necessary;
- To advise on the technical aspects around accounting for the managed investment agreements, to include consolidation, minority interests, put and call options, related party transactions, etc;
- To assist in Group financial reporting, including the year-end process and the production of the annual report and financial statements;
- To produce the subsidiary statutory accounts, accurately and within agreed deadlines;
Financial Accountant in Birmingham Package:
- £40,000 - £45,000
- 25 days holiday