Bilston, West Midlands
£28000.00 - £32000.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Temp to Perm
Financial Accountant - Balance Sheets
6 month fixed term contract with the view to go permanent
£28-32,000 per annum
To start ASAP
Accounting and reconciliation for general and non-operating transactions. Responsible for delivering on-time and accurate monthly accounts including balance sheet reconciliations. Ensure "sets of books" are aligned, consolidate month-end results into Corp Instance. Support month-end close, audits and annual tax deadlines.
- Preparation and posting of P&L accruals and prepayments covering general accounting and non-operating transactions
- Intercompany recharges for non-operating transactions and HQ charges
- Resolution of intercompany mis-matches
- Preparation of timely Balance Sheet reconciliations for all relevant account codes in US and Local GAAP
- Support process for monitoring completion and review of all balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist Compliance team in providing accurate and timely information to support external audits and statutory filings
- Apply company accounting policy and ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Create and maintain reference manual of differences between US and Local GAAP accounting treatment
- Own any related quarterly or annual tasks, in particular at Year End.
- Support ad-hoc requests
Experience / Knowledge
- 2-3 years of Financial Accounting experience
- Strong systems skills in Excel and Oracle / SAP
- Worked in multinational operations
- US GAAP - preferred
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications.
Education / Qualifications
- Advanced level of AAT or CIMA/ACCA
- Qualified by experience
If you have the relevant experience and you are immediately available to start a contract (1 week notice max) then please apply.