Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£40000.00 - £50000 per annum + Car, Bonus, Pension, PHS
5 months ago
Fantastic opportunity for a Financial Accountant, to join a successful global PLC, with a UK turnover of c£75m, based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. This is an excellent time to be joining the business as they continue to grow and take market share worldwide, staying at the forefront of technology. This Financial Accountant role is to manage and prepare the plc Company accounts in line with monthly reporting schedule and statutory requirements.
- Prepare and manage the plc monthly management accounts within the reporting schedule.
- Monthly plc cost re-forecast.
- Review of fortnightly plc cashflow forecast.
- Review of plc VAT return.
- Preparation of plc annual budget and support to other divisions.
- Develop and streamline accounts process and reporting.
- Half year and Year end plc accounts analysis and liaison with external auditors.
- Provide support to the Financial Controller in preparing the consolidated half year and full year group accounts, in particular in relation to the plc Company accounts.
- Preparation of the monthly plc payroll and review of related journals.
- Preparation of annual P11Ds.
- Manage the financial aspects of the company share schemes, including accounting of these and related tax returns.
- General support for Financial Controller and wider Head Office team as required.
WHO WE SEEK:
The successful Financial Accountant will be a qualified or part qualified Accountant (ACA / ICAEW / ICAS/ CA; ACCA), and likely to be trained in a Big 4 or Top 10 accountancy practice - a 1st or 2nd time mover. We can also consider industry trained Financial Accountants with relevant experience. You will be technically strong, with solid MS Office and IT skills; and relevant experience in financial reporting in a listed company environment would be highly beneficial.
In person we seek a team player, someone flexible, dynamic and proactive, who can work in an organised and dilignet manner; who can analyse and interpet complex data, and an ability to identify and realise opportunities to improve Group performance.
PACKAGE ON OFFER:
The package on offer for the Financial Accountant role based in Sheffield, Yorkshire, is a base salary of between £40,000 - £45,000 (dependant on experience), plus a £6000 car allowance & a 15% bonus, plus a defined contribution pension scheme, private healthcare scheme, free parking, career progression, and other flexible benefits that will financially enhance your overall package.
To apply for the Financial Accountant role in Sheffield, please apply with your most recent CV to this advert at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
Please note, this Financial Accountant role is based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, and is also easily commutable from Chesterfield, Matlock, the Peak District in North Derbyshire; Worksop, Mansfield, North Nottinghamshire; Rotherham and Doncaster areas.