£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits & Study Support
about 1 month ago
Financial Accountant - Maidenhead Area
This is an excellent opportunity working for an international PE backed business located in the Maidenhead area. As well as showing strong organic growth, this business has completed multiple acquisitions in just a few years. The successful Financial Accountant will be working for an employer who has a clear vision and a strong buy and build strategy which means the company is well positioned for further growth.
Duties & Responsibilities:
You will assist the Group Reporting Manager in the monthly and year-end review and consolidation of the financial submissions from multiple Business units globally, including:
- Downloading and reviewing monthly financial data
- Posting journals/uploading data
- Querying unusual entries/variances directly with Business Unit Financial Directors and Controllers
- Preparation of technical accounting papers where required
- Maintenance of month end/year end timetables for timely communication to Business Units
- Support the Group Reporting Manager in preparation of the Group's IFRS consolidated financial statements at year end, assisting where necessary with accounting queries to and from Business Units and central management.
- Liaise closely with external auditors as part of the preparation of the Group's IFRS consolidated financial statements, providing information where required or directing enquiries to the correct person/team.
- Prepare data, as directed, for external tax advisors for preparation of the Group tax returns.
- Provide technical and analytical support on a range of projects across the Group on an ad-hoc basis working with individual Financial Directors and Controllers as well as Treasury, FP&A and Group Financial Controller teams.
- Contribute to the review and continuous improvement of Group Reporting processes and procedures.
- Assist as required with the operation of the new Group ERP system, ensuring it complies with Group Accounting Policies and Procedures
Skills & Required Experience:
- You will be educated to degree level or equivalent whilst currently studying towards a professional qualification
- Possess a good understanding of double entry and some knowledge of IFRS requirements
- Some knowledge of consolidation accounting would be useful
- Good attention to detail
- Good systems knowledge
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels including CEO and FD
- Experience of statutory accounts/group reporting preferred
- Keen to learn
For further information on the role of Financial Accountant please don't hesitate to contact me directly.