Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£40000.00 - £45000 per annum + £6k car, 15% bonus, DCP, PHC
5 months ago
Outstanding opportunity for a Financial Accountant, to join a successful global PLC, with a UK turnover of c£75m, based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. This is an excellent time to be joining the business as they continue to grow and take market share worldwide, staying at the forefront of technology.
The Financial Accountant role is to manage and prepare the PLC accounts in line with monthly reporting schedule and statutory requirements.
- Provide support to the Financial Controller in preparing consolidated monthly, quarterly and other periodic management accounts, and other reports, for the Group Executive Team and plc Board.
- Provide support to the Financial Controller in preparing the consolidated half year Interim Report and full year Annual Report and Accounts.
- Prepare statutory accounts for the Group's subsidiary companies.
- Prepare information to be used in reports and presentations to the City and to other stakeholders.
- Provide support to the Financial Controller in managing the process of transition to the new GAAP financial reporting environment.
- Review and issue consolidated cash flow forecasts for the plc accounts.
- Manage the financial aspects of the employee share scheme & pension.
The Financial Accountant that we seek will be a fully qualified ACA/ ACCA with excellent technical skills (ideally Practice trained), including good knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS and recent developments. Any recent and relevant experience in financial reporting in a listed company environment would be beneficial.
In person we seek a self-starter, someone with excellent written and verbal communication skills, confident liaising with senior stakeholders and external parties. You will be able to build relationships at all levels, work as part of a small professional team, and whilst having excellent attention to detail, be able to see the bigger picture.
The package on offer for this excellent Financial Accountant role in Sheffield, is a base salary of between £40,000 - £45,000 (dependant on experience) base salary, plus a £6k car, plus a 15% bonus potential. There is also a 5% matched contributory pension scheme, private healthcare, free parking, 25 days holiday (bank hols on top), career progression, and other flexible benefits that will financially enhance your overall package.
To apply to the Financial Accountant role in Sheffield, please apply with your most recent CV to this advert at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
Please note, this Financial Accountant role is based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, and is also easily commutable from Chesterfield, Matlock, the Peak District in North Derbyshire; Worksop, Mansfield, North Nottinghamshire; Rotherham and Doncaster areas.