Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£40000.00 - £45000 per annum + Pension, PHC, progression
about 1 month ago
Outstanding opportunity for a Group Financial Accountant, to join a successful global PLC, with a UK turnover of c£75m, based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. This is an excellent time to be joining the business as they continue to grow and take market share worldwide, staying at the forefront of technology.
The Group Financial Accountant role will be involved in all financial aspects of reporting and accounting, as well as financial project work as required. Key responsibilities are:
- Monthly Group management accounts, analysis, and Board report.
- Review and follow-up of issues identified during monthly management accounts reviews, including identification and resolution of potential issues or exposures.
- Accounting for a number of intermediary holding companies.
- Delivery of Annual and Interim financial reporting, including provision of financial information to the external auditors.
- UK subsidiary statutory accounts under FRS 102.
- Assisting with Group tax and treasury management, including involvement and liaison with, and provision of information to, external tax advisers and banking.
- Periodic review and challenge of accounting records and performing internal control reviews of subsidiary businesses.
- Ad-hoc financial analysis as requested by the Board.
The Group Financial Accountant that we seek will be a qualified Accountant (ACA / ICAEW / ICAS, ACCA), and likely to be trained in a Big 4 or Top 10 accountancy practice - a 1st time mover. We can also consider industry trained Financial Accountants ideally with solid exposure to group accounting/ consolidations with international operations. You will be technically strong (IFRS, FRS 101/ 102), and have good financial modelling/spreadsheet skills.
In person we seek a self-starter, someone with excellent written and verbal communication skills, confident liaising with senior stakeholders and external parties. You will be able to build relationships at all levels, work as part of a small professional team, and whilst having excellent attention to detail, be able to see the bigger picture.
The package on offer for this excellent Group Financial Accountant role is a base salary of between £40,000 - £45,000 (dependant on experience), plus a defined contribution pension scheme, private healthcare scheme, free parking, career progression, and other flexible benefits that will financially enhance your overall package.
To apply for the Group Financial Accountant role, please apply with your most recent CV to this advert at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
Please note, this Group Financial Accountant role is based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, and is also easily commutable from Chesterfield, Matlock, the Peak District in North Derbyshire; Worksop, Mansfield, North Nottinghamshire; Rotherham and Doncaster areas.