£40000.00 - £45000 per annum + Pension, PHC, negotiable
about 1 month ago
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Accountant, to work for a highly regarded UK based Group based in Lichfield, Staffordshire. If you are looking to take your first step out of Practice and would like to work in Industry, this is a perfect chance to join a sucessful, supportive business, who offer ongoing training and development, and genuine career progression.
The Financial Accountant role will be a key part of the finance team being responsible for delivering financial reporting packs, board reporting, and statutory accounts, as well as providing technical financial accounting advice and guidance to the rest of the business.
Key responsibilities as Financial Accountant will include:
- Preparation of the Statutory Accounts.
- Being a key point of contact for the resolution of any queries or issues raised by external auditors.
- Monthly Financial Reporting.
- Establish and direct financial analysis in support of strategic initiatives, such as acquisitions, divestments and price reviews to maximise value.
- Ensure that all internal reporting consistently apply the GAAP/Statutory accounting principles and conventions.
- Establish training and support processes and implement them.
- Maintain accounting policies and manuals and provide expert accounting advice to all parts of the Business.
- Manage the completion of annual tax packs on a timely basis. Liaise with the Tax department regarding completion of tax computations.
- Liaison with Treasury in respect of debt and interest.
The Financial Accountant we seek will be a Practice trained Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CA, ICAEW etc), and have good technical knowledge of IFRS, FRS 101 & FRS 102, as well as governance, risk and internal control frameworks, and taxation.
The successful applicant will have excellent stakeholder management experience, enjoy working as part of a team, working to set timelines, producing work of outstanding calibre. You will also be commercially minded, with strong business acumen.
The package on offer for this excellent Financial Accountant role in Lichfield, Staffordshire, is a base salary of circa £45,000, defined contributory pension scheme, good holiday allowance, private healthcare, and other flexible benefits to help you financially. Also career progression through regular appraisals and ongoing training & development.
To apply for the Financial Accountant position in Lichfield, Staffordshire, please click on the apply now button with your most recent CV.
Lichfield is easily commutable from the South Staffordshire region, such as Stafford, Cannock, Rugeley, Tamworth, Fradley, Burton upon Trent; also the West Midlands, such as Sutton Coldfield, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Birmingham; North Warwickshire, such as Atherstone, Nuneaton, and West Leicestershire, such as Hinckley and Ashby de-la-Zouch.