Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits
19 days ago
This is a fantastic opportunity for a practice-trained chartered accountant to join a successful global multi-site business, a UK household brand name, as their Financial Accountant. You will be part of a high-achieving, tight-knit, supportive finance team based in Walsall, where you will be offered excellent training and development, and ongoing upward career opportunities.
The Financial Accountant will take responsibility for the financial reporting requirements of the business for month end consolidation and group reporting, half-year and annual GAAP reporting, company secretarial activities and tax compliance.
The Financial Accountant key responsibilities will include:
- Support the month end close process, producing reporting for the business and group within the monthly close cycle.
- Review the month end results and support the accurate reporting of the results with business finance.
- Prepare group reporting pack and submission of results to group, and input into the reporting pack for the group presentation.
- Take ownership of tax, debt and equity balance sheet accounts and related P&L expenses.
- Prepare annual statutory reporting and tax packs for provisioning and tax compliance, supporting external audit and tax process.
- Review the VAT / EC reports / Intrastat for review.
- Supporting the monitoring of internal controls and ensuring compliance with key policies, developing the monitoring of adherence to internal controls.
- Continuous improvement of accounting and reporting processes and procedures.
- Support with the audit process, preparing required information and coordinating certain requests.
Based in Walsall, the Financial Accountant we require is likely to be a Practice-Trained qualified Accountant (ACA, CA, ACCA) with a proven technical/ statutory/ financial accounting background. You will have a solid understanding of GAAP reporting and IFRS, exposure to tax and compliance and company secretarial activities.
In person, our client is seeking an accountant that is pro-active, organised, flexible and with excellent attention to detail, someone who actively pursues best-in-practice and can drive ongoing process improvement. You will be professional, personable, and able to see the bigger picture. Good MS Excel skills will also be highly beneficial for this role.
The following benefits package is available to the successful Financial Accountant:
A base salary of up to £50,000 (dependant on experience), plus defined contributory pension scheme, healthcare scheme, free parking, flexible-benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail schemes, and ongoing training and professional development.
If you are keen to be considered for this Financial Accountant opportunity, based in Walsall, please apply with your CV at your earliest convenience, or feel free to get in touch directly and confidentially for more information.