£37000 - £42000 per annum + Pension, PHC, parking, flexi-bens
about 1 month ago
This is a newly-created role within a successful, global logistics/ transport business, based in Coleshill, Warwickshire. The Financial Accountant will report directly into the Financial Controller, in a key role which will focus on supporting the existing finance function in developing, streamlining, documenting and embedding updated financial processes into the business; and to eliminate & mitigate process risk through a fully compliant group wide program of Internal Control.
As Financial Accountant your key responsibilities will include:
- Review of financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports.
- Statutory and external reporting.
- Month End activities.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Improve Internal Control Management by updating both the Internal Control System and the Minimum Control Framework, review of existing financial processes & procedures, plus regularly test of the controls with the guidance of the Financial Controller.
- Support the generation of a comprehensive Process Control Framework, across all departments, documenting all processes and procedures.
- Developing an Internal Control Program to ensure consistent compliance with all procedures.
- Other ad hoc projects as required.
As the successful Financial Accountant, you are likely to be a finalist or newly-qualified Accountant, with a good technical accounting background, and strong understanding of statutory accounting as well as internal controls, compliance, and risk management. A background in audit or internal controls would be highly advantageous, though not essential.
The Financial Accountant we seek will be highly numerate, analytical, process-driven and thorough, able to work on your own initiative, and able to manage a number of projects simultaneously. You will be a self-starter, who enjoys problem-solving, and providing solutions.
This Financial Accountant role based in Coleshill is attracting a base salary of c£40,000, plus a defined contributory pension scheme, private healthcare, ongoing professional training and development, and a flexible-benefits package to financially enhance your overall earnings.
To apply for the Financial Accountant position in Coleshill, Warwickshire, please apply at your earliest convenience with your most recent CV.
This role is easily commuteable from Warwickshire, West Midlands, Birmingham, Solihull and Coventry.