£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Pension, PHC, parking, flexi-bens
4 days ago
Excellent opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join a global corporate logistics business, based in Tamworth, Staffordshire - this role would suit a part-qualified, finalist, or newly-qualified Accountant (salary will be dependant on experience and qualification level) to join a fantastic business who offer excellent career support and ongoing development, career progression, training, and the chance to be part of a high achieving team.
You will be a key part of the business in planning, analysing and reporting the financial and operational performance of the company. The Financial Accountant role is crucial in giving technical accounting support to the department and the rest of the business.
As Financial Accountant your key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare the statutory accounts to meet group and legal requirements.
- Management of the preparation of internal reports in line with group requirements including quarterly forecasts, annual budgets, monthly reporting and disclosures.
- Support quarterly VAT return preparation, ensuring payment deadlines are met.
- Manage and review iXBRL tagging of UK statutory accounts to assist the tax department.
- Produce financial reports and analysis as required.
- Support the tax analysis process.
- Assist in managing the audit process.
- Provide sufficient audit evidence to assist the company auditors with half year, hard close and annual audit of the statutory accounts.
- Manage the process for submitting Intrastat returns.
- Maintain a current and up to date knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP.
- Assistance with other month end procedures and ad hoc projects.
- Review of balance sheet reconciliations.
The Financial Accountant that our prestigious client seeks will be either a part-qualified (later stages), finalist, or newly-qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CA, CIMA). Someone trained in Practice would be especially highly regarded, but we will also certainly consider an industry-trained financial accountant with relevant experience.
The successful Financial Accountant will be technically strong (IFRS and UK GAAP), and up-to-date with current accounting standards. You will have strong experience of external and internal auditing processes, experience in Statutory accounts production, and reporting and planning.
In person, we seek an Accountant with 1st class communications skills both written and verbal, confident, able to use their initiative, and skilled in managing relationships with key stakeholders at a senior level.
This Financial Accountant role is attracting a salary of between £35,000 to £45,000 - dependant on experience and qualification level. There is also a good contributory pension scheme, private healthcare scheme, flexi-benefits to financially enhance your package, free parking, ongoing career training and development, and certain career progression.
If you are interested in this Financial Accountant role, based in Tamworth, Staffordshire (also within easy commute of North Warwickshire, West Leicestershire, South Derbyshire and the West Midlands), please apply with your most recent CV at your earliest convenience. Thank you.