£37000.00 - £45000 per annum + Pension, healthcare, flexi-benefits
6 months ago
We are seeking a technically strong Financial Accountant for a large well-known business based near Nuneaton, Warwickshire - a business who are able to offer a fantastic working environment, excellent team-work and fast career progression. This is a great opportunity for someone from Practice, or someone with solid statutory accounts experience to step up into an integral role within the finance team that plans, analyses and reports the financial and operational performance of the company.
As Financial Accountant, your key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare the statutory accounts.
- Preparation of internal reports - including quarterly forecasts, annual budgets, and monthly reporting for the Board.
- Preparation of the quarterly VAT return.
- Manage and review iXBRL tagging of UK statutory accounts.
- Produce financial reports and analysis as required to support the whole finance function.
- Assist in managing the Audit process, working closely with the company auditors with half year, and full year annual audit of the statutory accounts.
- Intrastat returns.
- Assistance with month end procedures and ad hoc projects.
- Review of balance sheet reconciliations.
The successful Financial Accountant is likely to be either a fully qualified, finalist or part-qualified (latter stages; study support is offered) Accountant (ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA), with solid statutory accounting experience and good current technical knowledge of UK Gaap and IFRS.
In person we seek someone who is comfortable liaising with Senior Managers and Directors, both within the business and externally; someone confident, corporate, with excellent attention to detail, and timely. You will be able to work on your own initiative and prioritise a busy work load.
In return, the Financial Accountant will receive a base salary of between £37,000 - £45,000 (dependant on experience), and a good defined contributory pension, private healthcare scheme, and other flexible benefits in line with a company of this size and reputation. Most importantly is the career progression on offer, this is a business that promote from within, and with it being a fast-moving and fluid business, there are always other opportunities within to move on up.
If you are looking to get your foot into an exciting door where you can grow and consolidate your existing Financial Accounting experience, please apply for this Financial Accountant position based in Nuneaton, Warwickshire, at your earliest convenience, and we will contact relevant candidates as soon as possible. Thank you.