£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
24 days ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working in partnership with a high-growth Fintech business c40 million turnover in Herefordshire, who are on the lookout for a Financial Accountant to join the team.
Our client is adding a number of new faces to the department, due to a number of recent successes and sustained growth, with big plans to more than double their turnover in the next 5 years. You'll play a key part in the growth of the business and shaping the financial strategy.
As Financial Accountant you will be reporting directly into the Financial Controller and be the go to person for all technical queries within finance. Once established, progression routes internally to FP&A or Management Accounts are available.
- Preparation of the year end statutory financial statements
- Support to business decision making
- Ensuring adherence to and development of strong internal control practices
- Key point of contact for the annual audit
- VAT Returns
- Looking after Research and Development Tax Relief claims
- Oversight and reporting on the balance sheet and cashflows in the month end management accounts
- Technical lead on accounting treatments and emerging standards in accounting and taxation matters
The role would suit a practice mover looking for a first role in industry, or those from a Financial Accounting background already in industry. ACA/ACCA Qualification preferred however not essential.
The business is well located on the outskirts of Hereford with a modern site including onsite gym and cafeteria. Staff are expected to be in 3 days a week with 2 days as flexible.