Halesowen, West Midlands
£30000 - £37000 per annum + Study support, up to 33 days holiday
7 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group is currently working exclusively alongside a global market leader with an annual turnover in excess of £1bn. They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Financial Accountant to join them on a permanent basis.
This role is paying between up to £37,000 depending on experience plus; study support, 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy up to another 8 days) and generous discounts at a number of high street brands. There is also an excellent office environment and you will be reporting into a supportive and caring Manager. For the right candidate, there will be opportunities to progress into a managerial role.
Reporting into the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for UK and Ireland Fixed Assets, VAT, and Statutory Reporting as well as assisting the Finance Manager with monthly Intercompany and Balance Sheet reporting.
Principle Accountabilities are as follows:
- Review all capex ensuring it is reported correctly and calculating any required accruals.
- Review all capex orders created on SAP to ensure that they reconcile back to budgets / forecasts.
- Hold weekly review KPI and performance reviews with the outsourced R2R team to ensure that all authorised capex work order budgets have been raised, and all capital invoices are posted.
- Responsible for the budgeting, forecasting and monthly review of depreciation.
- Review and approve all Fixed Asset balance sheet account reconciliations prepared by the outsourced team, ensuring that they reconcile to the Fixed Asset Note for each company code.
- Prepare Fixed Asset balance sheet account reconciliations for review by the Finance Manager.
- Ensure that all Fixed Assets are depreciating correctly.
- Produce Capital Expenditure report for UK and Ireland on a monthly basis to send to Group and UK CFO.
- Prepare for, and attend, monthly CFO meetings to discuss capital expenditure.
- Responsible for National Statistics returns for the UK & Ireland businesses.
Skills and Experience
- ACCA/CIMA or QBE
- Previous experience of Fixed Assets beneficial
- Balance sheet recs
- VAT returns
- Strong IT skills including Excel (pivot tables and v lookups required) and SAP would be beneficial.