£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus, pension, life assurance
about 1 month ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are delighted to be partnering exclusively with this large, multi-national logistics business in their search for a Group Financial Accountant. The company in question are privately owned by one of the worlds largest logistics companies and have operated throughout Europe for decades. You'll be joining a thriving business and settling in to a supportive, fun finance team where your career can progress.
Day to day you will work closely with multiple business units to collect and report on information. You'll have a strong eye for detail and can work diligently to achieve results in set time frames. You'll be comfortable working with change and be instrumental in helping the business through a period of transition. You'll have the opportunity to learn from, and support/cover for the Group Reporting Manager when required.
Responsibilities also include:
- Use your IFRS knowledge to complete lease accounting for the group function
- Complete monthly IFRS 16 reporting packs
- Be responsible for internal controls reporting and maintenance of the reporting system
- Support with internal audit requests
- Liaise with external auditors
- Completing all financial reporting & documentation
- Completing company financial statements under IFRS
- Supporting budgeting, forecasting and re-forecasting
- Involvement and support with a transition to a new banking and ERP system
The ideal person for this role is looking for a first move into industry from an Audit background. You'll be ACA/ACCA trained with a year or two post qualification experience under your belt. This person will be involved heavily in the group function, so adaptability, keen stakeholder management skills and the ability to work to strict deadlines under pressure is required.
- Above market salary up to £55000
- Generous bonus scheme
- Pension matched up to 4.5%
- Life Assurance
- Hybrid working - 3 days on site
- Genuine career progression opportunities
- A fun, supportive team
If you're looking for a step into industry with an above market salary, a big name and a supportive team that can offer genuine career progression, then don't pass this opportunity by!