Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£40000 - £45000 per annum
3 months ago
Are you looking for a company that is growing? Are you keen on being involved in acquisitions?
I am recruiting for a Financial Accountant for a growing business based in Wolverhampton.
They are growing successfully through acquisition and are planning to continue this amazing growth for the foreseeable future. As a result of heavy workload they require a technically strong Financial Accountant to join their team. This is a newly created position and will require someone with the technical expertise and a self-starter as you will have autonomy in this role.
As Financial Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Taking responsibility of external reporting of financial information to lenders and industry regulators; including covenant calculations and consolidated monthly returns
- Preparing commentary to go alongside financial information for monthly board reports
- Reconciling key Balance Sheet codes on a monthly basis
- Assisting in the annual budget preparations ensuring high level of accuracy when collating relevant information
- Developing improved methods of statutory style cash flow reporting.
- Auditing and compliance liaison
- To be involved in the recruitment and the selection of finance staff as and when required to do so
- Assisting with financial due diligence to allow the board to make decisions around potential acquisitions
- Support the Senior Management team in business development activities, including attendance and participation in meetings with commissioners and other external business contacts when required.
- Support the Bid Team with pricing information as part of the tendering process.
- Contribute to the general management and development of the company, including participation in meetings at Head Office as well as other branches as and when required.
- Extensive ad-hoc project work
As Financial Accountant you will ideally have:
- Strong academic background, including professional accounting qualification - ideally from practice
- Experienced in preparing full statutory accounts including consolidations to meet all regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of accounting processes, procedures and controls. Knowledge of financial month end and year end procedures and management reporting
- Ability to assess and review information and recognise potential issues.
Any question please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07772863418