Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with a market leading business in Tamworth in search of an Financial Accountant. This is a new position that offers great progression opportunities as well as fantastic exposure to unique and exciting projects to the West Midlands region. They require an ambitious, commercially-minded financial accountant to join their business to support across a variety of functions. This is an exciting position that will allow the successful individual to progress later in their career and have tangible influence of the company's future strategy.
As Financial Accountant you will report into the head of the department and will be responsible for the following:
- Coordination and production of the P&L, balance sheet, cash flow statements and other supporting schedules as part of the month end, half year and year end close. This will be required under both FRS101 and IFRS
- Preparation of the bi-annual statutory reporting disclosures and liaison with our external auditors.
- Opportunity to assist with the preparation of statutory accounts at year end.
- Reconciliation and review of key P&L, balance sheet and cash flow areas.
- Producing budgets and forecasts for both senior management and non-financial stakeholder purposes.
- Consolidate and manage actions relating to accounting issues across teams.
- Coordination and production of process improvement activities.
- The role will be a pivotal system user and will have to operate across Finance accounting systems.
- The role will work closely with the financial reporting team and will support the overall team objectives through the year.
The ideal candidate for this Financial Accountant position will be a qualified and looking to make a move from external audit:
- Qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA.
- Strong ability to business partner & influence stakeholders.
- Experience within new projects.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to interpret financials into meaningful business recommendations.
- Ideally studied accountancy at university level.
What's On Offer?
- Salary of £45,000 + benefits
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading brand
- A positive and down-to-earth culture
- Flexible working arrangements
If this sounds like the perfect position for you then please click apply to this advert!