Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with a market leading business in Coventry in search of a Financial Accountant. This is a new position that offers great progression opportunities as well as fantastic exposure to unique and exciting projects to the West Midlands region. They require an ambitious, commercially-minded accountant or analyst to join their business to support across a variety of functions. This is an exciting position that will allow the successful individual to progress later in their career and have tangible influence of the company's future strategy.
As Financial Accountant you will report into the head of the department and is responsible for the following:
- Working as a key member of the team that delivers the group financial statements and interim report ensuring compliance with IFRS.
- Delivering the year-end financial accounting process and liaising with external auditors.
- Accounting for complex areas especially in relation to financial instruments, pensions and share based payments.
- Drafting and maintaining documentation to support accounting for complex areas.
- Maintaining regular communication with subsidiary finance teams to understand business developments and leading them through the related financial reporting implications.
- Guiding subsidiary finance teams through the implementation of new accounting standards and associated business impacts.
- Consolidating the financial results, position and cash flow for monthly management accounts, budgets, forecasts and plans.
- Reviewing and challenging the consolidated information for unusual or unexpected balances appearing on consolidation, and working with subsidiary finance teams to resolve issues identified.
- Coordinating the delivery of subsidiary statutory financial statements in compliance with FRS 101.
The ideal candidate for this role may have already acted as a financial accountant previously, or is ready to make their first-move following a move from practice to industry:
- Qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Strong ability to business partner & influence stakeholders.
- Experience with corporate and non-financial stakeholders in a heavy industry.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to interpret financials into meaningful business recommendations.
- Ideally studied accountancy at university level.
What's On Offer?
- Salary of £42,000/45,000 + benefits
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading brand
- A positive and down-to-earth culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Eligibility for a generous bonus scheme
If this sounds like the perfect position for you then please click apply to this advert!