Gleeson Recruitment Group are partnering with a will know financial services organisation in Birmingham city centre who are recruiting for a Financial Accountant. The role is paying £45,000-£50,000 plus benefits including 10% matched pension and work from home and flexible working also on offer
This is a great role for a qualified (ACA,CIMA,ACCA) or nearly qualified accountant to work closely with the Group Financial Accounting Manager bringing with you new ideas of how they can embed different ways of working once a new system is implemented.
Key Duties, Financial Accountant, Birmingham
- Responsible for month end investment returns process
- Quarter end close and preparation for quarterly financial Solvency II reporting
- Control accounts collation
- Regulated reporting
- On an annual basis completed Group financial statements
Skills & Experience, Financial Accountant, Birmingham
- Fully qualified accountant (or an individual with only a few exams to take before qualifying)
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent customer service in dealing with internal and external customer queries
- Excellent problem solving and business analysis skills
- Ability and motivation to deliver tasks under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ability to use your own initiative and have an inquisitive approach
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Word
- An organised and flexible approach to work
So, what can you expect in return?
On top of a generous salary of upto £50,000 with annual pay reviews you can expect:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 28 days with service anniversaries) and you have the option to buy/sell holiday too
- Great pension scheme is company matched, plus 2% up to 10%
- Access to a wide variety of flexible benefits too; there are too many to mention but typically include things like travel loan/car parking scheme, cycle to work programme, life insurance, medical cover, financial advice
- Tons of discounts designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.