Birmingham, West Midlands
£30000 - £35000 per annum + study, bonus
5 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant for a business based in Birmingham City Centre. They require an ambitious, part qualified Accountant with experience of monthly reporting and preparing financial statements.
The salary on offer for this role is £30,000 - £35,000 plus bonus an excellent benefits package and study support.
As Financial Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations
- Cash reporting to the Group finance team including weekly cash movements, monthly cash flow statements and involvement in cash flow forecasting/budgets
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet for inclusion in the Board pack with commentary
- Establish fixed asset policies and having ownership of division fixed asset register
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Supporting with period end reporting
- Involvement in year-end audit process, including preparation of statutory financial statements for subsidiaries
As Financial Accountant you will ideally have:
- Strong academic background, including studying towards a professional accounting qualification
- Experienced in preparing statutory accounts
- Knowledge of accounting processes, procedures and controls.
- Strong IT skills including Excel