Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant for a PE backed business based in Solihull. They require an ambitious Accountant to join them on a permanent basis who will work closely with the FC whilst getting involved in Financial Accounting, VAT and Tax.
The salary on offer for this role is £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience with an excellent benefits package and study support. It will also be possible to get experience within the commercial finance team if this is something that appeals.
As Financial Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations
- Cash reporting to the Group finance team including weekly cash movements, monthly cash flow statements and involvement in cash flow forecasting/budgets
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet for inclusion in the Board pack with commentary
- Establish fixed asset policies and having ownership of division fixed asset register
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Supporting with period end reporting including variance analysis
- Involvement in year-end audit process, including preparation of statutory financial statements for subsidiaries
As Financial Accountant you will ideally have:
- Strong academic background, including studying towards a professional accounting qualification
- Experienced in preparing statutory accounts
- Experience within a multi site business would be beneficial
- Knowledge of accounting processes, procedures and controls
- Strong IT skills including Excel (Navision would be beneficial)