Reading, Berkshire, S. E. England, England
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
6 days ago
We are currently recruiting for a Finance Reporting Analyst opportunity to work for a leading global organisation within its sector at the UK headquarters in Reading. The successful Finance Reporting Analyst will be working for an employer who is a global market leader. This is an exciting 12 month secondment opportunity working across the business covering 9 growing markets.
Reporting to the Franchise Finance Manager, the successful candidate will ensure all management reporting and control requirements are met, will support the monthly close & reporting as well as the financial planning and analysis core processes. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to progress their career in an environment which supports, nurtures and promotes talent.
Financial Planning and Analysis
Provide support in the preparation and submission of Financial Annual Operating Plan specifically through:
- Management and preparation of Balance sheet and Cash flow
- Provision of insightful cause of change analysis for above with clear recommendations to maximise cash flow.
- Work directly with Regional Financial Services Manager to understand cash flow reporting parameters and best practice forecasting.
- Provide accurate Business Unit, Region and Sector deliverables in a timely manner and according to required timelines.
Support the Finance Manager on the wider Financial Planning & Analysis agenda, specifically through:
- Support day to day business navigation through ownership of respective Balance sheet and Cash Flow statements to include clear communication of key drivers behind variances vs. Plan.
- Develop and improve planning tools to ensure best practise planning and Franchise processes, specifically in relation to Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements.
Lead the month end close process, specifically through:
- Preparing monthly franchise results reconciliation and control pack
- Work directly with relevant departments to ensure accurate bookings and timely query analysis
- Owning regional reporting processes, by working closely with teams to ensure timely and accurate year end close for Franchise.
- Balance Sheet and Cash flow reporting and variance explanations to Business Unit and Region.
- Provide Key financial investment support to Commercial teams, specifically through:
- Support the Marketing Team to manage budgets in an effective and efficient manner. Provide insight analysis to the
- Finance Manager and wider leadership team. Provide analysis for the Quarterly reviews.
Finance Control and Processes:
- Controller for Franchise Business Unit to include Control owner for 9 key controls and ownership of documentation.
- Ownership of pricing communication and Credit limit process
- Driving and ensuring Business Unit compliance with Global standards and policies
- Provide coaching and development to Business Unit on processes and policies to drive Control excellence
- Drive improvements in Control agenda and drive best practice processes.
Experience required for this role:
- Full or part qualified accountant - ACA / CIMA or equivalent qualification
- Excellent communicator, capable of influencing and presenting to a range of external / internal stakeholders
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience within a Financial Reporting role
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
.There is an excellent benefits package with this opportunity including an attractive bonus. To apply for the Finance Reporting Analyst position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.