Birmingham, West Midlands
£179 - £65000.00 per annum + Car, Bonus, Pension, Healthcare
4 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are looking to recruit a Projects Financial Controller for an award winning business based in Birmingham and will see the successful candidate working very closely with a talented CFO who is looking to deliver some large scale projects over the next 18/24 months. You will need Projects experience and have a strong Commercial Finance background. This role will suit someone who has fallen out of love with the month end routine and is more interested in delivering projects that improve financial performance.
This is a great opportunity to get involved in various change projects and will see the successful candidate interact at senior level and therefore credibility and outstanding communication skills are critical coupled with strong commercial acumen.
You will ideally be a fully qualified Accountant and have worked in a Manufacturing environment previously.
The successful Projects Financial Controller will be working for a business who are experts in their field and who have won awards for their products and services. This role will allow you to drive direct improvements through your actions and will see you operating a very broad remit by interacting across both Operations and Corporate functions.
The successful Projects Financial Controller will be providing financial support to the Business Improvement function through validation of cost and savings calculations, developing global standards for capturing financial improvements and ensuring effective communication of project status to all stakeholders.
Main responsibilities of the this role are:
· Working across multiple functions within the business to identify opportunities for transformational improvements focused on increasing overall profitability of the business
· Actively participate in project meetings to ensure consistency and robustness of reported financial improvements
· Prepare and communicate KPI data for all Projects for review by the Executive team inclusive of CEO and CFO
· Review, challenge and validate baseline data, costs and assumptions to ensure business cases can deliver the target savings for the project
· Undertake financial risk planning during the all projects and build mitigation plans to avoid
· Undertake post project reviews of profitability realisation
As the successful Projects Financial Controller you will be:
- A fully qualified Accountant
- Experienced in delivering finance related project that support Business Improvements
- Able to see the big picture while focusing on processes and procedures necessary to deliver
- Highly accurate with strong attention to detail
- Able to meet and establish deadlines
- Flexible and have the ability to work in a changing environment
- A skilled communicator and be able to interact at all levels
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Projects Financial Controller:
- Base salary of £60k / £65K
- Car or car allowance
- Genuine career progression