Our client is a £70m international group. Following acquisition in 2021 and continued growth, a new opportunity for an operational Finance Manager / Accounting Supervisor is required to manage their main manufacturing and distribution hub.
As part of strengthening their accounting team, a hands on Finance Manager is sought. Reporting to the Grp FC with visibility across the group including to the CFO.
- To ensure the accurate recording and reporting of accounting information for group and its subsidiaries
- To maintain effective financial controls and legal compliance.
- Support with statutory reporting and business improvement projects
Location: (Hybrid working)
Role is based in south Oxfordshire but some travel will be required both within the UK and also overseas.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Ensuring effective management of accounting information held within the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers.
- Preparation of the budget.
- Production of month end management accounts in line with agreed time frames.
- Ensuring balance sheet reconciliations are up to date with robust working papers and reconciling items are investigated and resolved.
- Monitoring deviation from budget, investigating and commenting on variances.
- Support in forecasting the cash flow requirements for group
- Ensuring authorisation processes and procedures are adhered to.
- Support in the management of inventory to minimise working capital.
- Ensuring accuracy of costing system, in terms of bills of materials, routes, times and recovery rates.
- Become a 'super-user' of Navision and continuously improve management reporting and integration with other Group companies.
- Ensuring procedures are in place such that outside agencies, including auditors, and HMRC, are satisfied with both financial and legal compliance.
- Supervision of VAT and Intrastat returns for HMRC.
- Liaison with auditors to ensure effective production of statutory accounts.
- Ensuring accuracy of stock recording through enforcement of procedures and effective stock counting.
- Supervision of junior team members
- Other ad-hoc projects as directed
Skills & Personal Attributes
The position requires the job holder to possess: -
- Chartered level Accountancy Qualification (ACA / CIMA / ACCA). - QBE possibly
- Proven experience of working in a high performing finance team.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of and comfortable working in a fast paced, flexible organisation.
- Diplomatic but also assertive as required.
- Able to prioritise, plan and organise efficiently and work with multiple conflicting priorities.
- Ability to build and develop effective relationships with stakeholders and multi-disciplinary business management teams who operate in a dispersed geographical environment.
- Confidential and professional.
- Collaborative and collegiate style, achieving results through coaching and support.
- Self-motivated and uses initiative.
- Robust judgement and ability to make sound financial decisions quickly and effectively in complex situations.
- Resilient and assertive utilising persuasive techniques.
- Flexible working style.
- Attitude of continuous improvement.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems, MS Dynamic Navision in particular would be an advantage but not essential.
- Positive and proactive 'can-do' attitude.
- Highly literate & numerate.
- Full driving licence preferred.
- Chartered level Accountancy (ACA / ACCA / CIMA)
- Experience working within a high performing team
- Excellent comms
- Experience of working with a PE backed business preferred
- Experience working within a business been through transformation and change
- MS Navision advantageous