Birmingham, West Midlands
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus, healthcare, central location
4 months ago
Are you a Financial Accountant, looking for your next step up into a Finance Manager role? This could be the opportunity for you to do so - working in the heart of Birmingham City Centre, for an exciting and rapidly-expanding Business Services SME. The role will be varied, all-encompassing and hands-on, where you can directly lead the finance function to operational excellence and efficiency.
The Finance Manager - Reporting role will report directly into the CFO, and key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the finance team - mentor, develop, appraise and support (up to 3).
- Full responsibility for financial reporting and control.
- Full ownership of the P&L.
- Oversee all financial transactions and accountancy matters, such as Balance Sheet control, including sales ledger, purchase ledger, and cash.
- Preparation, analysis and submission of monthly management accounts.
- Lead annual audit, to include drafting of annual statutory accounts.
- Managing the payroll outsource relationship, running on a monthly basis, with c500 staff.
- Management of Group Taxation matters, such as VAT and Corporation tax.
The successful Finance Manager we seek is going to be a fully qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), with a proven background in financial accounting. You will have an affinity with numbers, both technically and the ability to interpret them. The Finance Manager will ideally have previous staff management experience; a self-starter, who can work well under pressure and be decisive.
This Finance Manager - Reporting role is attracting a base salary of circa £50,000, plus a 10% bonus potential, and excellent career prospects. You will also be entitled to a defined contributory pension, private healthcare scheme, other flexible benefits that will financially enhance your package, and of course, the opportunity to work in the centre of Birmingham - close to all major transport links, and our outstanding array of restaurants, bars and shops!
To apply for the Finance Manager - Reporting position, based in Birmingham city centre, West Midlands, please click on the apply now button, and we will endeavour to get in touch with you as soon as possible.