£65000.00 - £78000.00 per annum + Benefits
3 months ago
Our client is an international Pharma / Biotech client
Reporting to the Head of Finance, our Finance Manager will help drive the growth by being a key figure in the production of the monthly consolidated management accounts, have responsibility over the balance sheet, as well as other financial and management duties.
You will support the Head of Finance by maintaining the integrity of accounting records and will gain exposure to a broad range of finance tasks.
As a growing business, we require an ambitious, highly motivated individual to help us maintain financial control and insight through this period. The purpose and responsibilities of this role will likely evolve over time
- Production and consolidation of monthly management accounts, including reviewing and posting journals.
- Analysis of monthly P&L (actual vs budget/forecast).
- Review of balance sheet reconciliations. Production and analysis of consolidated balance sheet.
- Liaison with local overseas teams to ensure alignment of deadlines/reporting required.
- Cashflow forecasting and reporting on a monthly basis.
- Assist with annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Review payroll for group globally.
- Seek opportunities to enhance, innovate and improve existing processes and controls.
- Key point of contact on annual audit and preparation of statutory accounts.
- Purchase order approvals.
- Quarterly VAT reporting and other HMRC processes.
- Manage and mentor the Accounts Assistant and Assistant Management Accountant.
- Manage end to end accounts payable process.
- General accounting system and data maintenance.
- Excellent accounting knowledge especially FRS 102
- Good understanding of UK and international (particularly US) corporate tax
- Exposure to foreign exchange
- Analytical; spots trends and develops practical solutions
- Strong Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills; able to communicate effectively and succinctly both verbally and in writing
- Emotionally intelligent and builds and develops constructive and collaborative relationships at all levels
- Attentive to detail
- Pro-active with a desire to go the extra mile
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Team player; able to work effectively as part of dynamic, global and virtual teams:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA)
- Experience putting together complex financial information, analyzing, and summarizing key trends and results
- Experience working with multi-currency revenues and costs. Comfortable with foreign currency consolidation preparation and analysis
Flexible - able to adapt to a dynamic environment and manage ambiguity