£70000 - £82000.00 per annum + Bonus + Bens
3 months ago
Finance Manager (Operational)
Our client is an international SaaS client who due to international growth are looking for a Finance Manager to support the Operational Team (8)
It is essential you have proven experience in cash management and financial control. The role will drive development of a first-class operating finance function, providing high-quality cash flow & working capital management reporting and metrics. This is a new role within an established team, following continued growth in the business. The position will report to the Finance Director.
- Manage, and develop a best-in-class operating finance function.
- Ownership of key treasury processes - end-to-end accounts payable and receivable, managing bank accounts, FX, and cash flow of the business.
- Lead and manage the credit control function, report on performance using DSO and other metrics, delivery of robust cash flow reporting and debtor analysis.
- Prepare suitable quarterly targets for the team, monitoring and refocussing work to drive continued commercial performance and help ensure wider company goals are achieved.
- The role will have a key focus on delivering process improvement and implementation of change across the team.
- Increase efficiency and effectiveness of the operating finance function (Netsuite)
- Deliver robust working capital and cashflow reporting for inclusion in the management accounts.
- Responsible for bank covenant reporting, and the weekly provision of a rolling 13week cash forecast
- Using analysis of cashflow, manage multiple bank accounts across multiple currencies
- Ownership of VAT and other tax reporting, liaison with payroll and HMRC, ensuring reporting responsibilities and associated payments are made on time.
- Manage team contributions towards the year end audit process, along with provision of information required for the statutory accounts.
- Work with the FD on ad hoc projects supporting growth and profitability.
- Development and management of staff (including HR responsibilities) to ensure they are operating to the best of their ability. Research and resolve team enquiries
- Support the team in preparing bank and relevant balance sheet reconciliations
- Update and maintain finance operational policies, procedures, and controls documentation to ensure that they are relevant
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Degree educated qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with strong technical skills
- Man-management experience overseeing multiple direct reports
- Experience in a multi-currency organisation.
- Strong technical background, with Tax experience (Corporation and VAT)
- Preferable that you have experience within an IT, Telecoms, Retail or SaaS based business where high volume, low value transactions are a key feature of the operating model.
- Strong people skills with ability both to support and develop a team and build productive relationships with other stakeholders.
- Strong system reporting skills and extensive experience of accounting software (NetSuite advantageous)
- Excellent Excel capability
- You will have effective verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate financial matters to the business with clarity.
- Highly organised, with the ability to plan effectively and manage multiple priorities
- A positive "can do" attitude, enthusiastic and recognised as a supportive team player.
- Detail oriented, with problem-solving skills, prepared to challenge information received and assess its impact.
- Proactive self-starter with a continuous improvement mentality