We are recruiting a Finance Manager for this highly acquisitive property client.
A genuinely exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant preferably at the earlier stages of your career to join one of the UK's leading property specialists. Finance Manager - Acquisitions. This is a brand-new role within the finance leadership team and will be pivotal in ensuring the successful financial integration of the next phase of our ambitious acquisition plan
Our continued success means we have substantial plans to expand and we are looking for talented and proactive individuals who will embrace the company ethos and further enhance the professional, high-quality and personal service we provide.
We offer learning opportunities to our employees that provide great ways to gain and enhance skills, knowledge and experience that may be needed at certain stages of their career. These are available for both new and existing staff subject to line manager approval.
Working closely with the Head of Finance Integrations and senior leadership across the business this role will bolster our current acquisition strategy from an operational finance perspective; from the due diligence process through to completion and finally to migration onto local systems and integration into our reporting.
This will include but is not limited to: -
- Assisting in the creation of an integration plan for each newly acquired business to ensure the migration to local processes and system is efficient and well organized and communicated. Where appropriate take the lead role in executing this plan and ensure it is delivered as proposed.
- Recruit, develop and mentor a Management Accountant, giving them the skills and knowledge to complete the necessary accounting transactions from acquisition date until it can be migrated into BAU processes.
- Assist in the finance Due Diligence process - this will be key in order to identify any potential issues prior to completion to allow time to understand and plan for those areas identified.
- Support with developing a periodic reporting pack for the board to report on the YTD performance of the acquisitions versus expectations/acquisition budget. Highlighting synergies which have be realised as well as those that have not yet been.
- The appointment and recruiting, developing and embedding a new Management Accountant (PQ)
- Volume and diversity of acquisitions expected throughout 2022.
- Obtaining accurate and timely information from off-site locations
- Working cross functionally with teams with conflicting priorities and ensuring the best decisions for the Group are made.
- You will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Line management experience preferred
- Integration or acquisition experience preferred
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 system knowledge useful
- Open to some / limited UK travel