Up to £50000.00 per annum
10 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are looking to recruit a Finance Manager for a FMCG business based in Kidderminster. Coaching and mentoring a small team is key to this role and ideally you will have previous experience of doing this however my client would consider a candidate looking for their first managerial role.
You will seek out and drive the necessary process improvements to deliver an efficient finance function that is fit for purpose, whilst working with a supportive Finance Director who genuinely enjoys developing people and will allow you the autonomy to manage your team as you see fit.
The successful Finance Manager will be working for a well-respected business who have won awards for their products and who have endured the current economic crisis very well. The culture is fast paced, flexible and hardworking and you will be happy to roll your sleeves up when required. The successful candidate will ensure the group operates within a framework of robust financial controls, procedures and policies whilst ensuring the team have the necessary skills they need to deliver their job role effectively.
As the Finance Manager you will be responsible for the month end close process, preparation of the company's monthly management accounts, ensuring accuracy of the transactional data, act as Finance Lead with departmental heads including the ownership of departmental P&Ls, and cash flow/working capital reporting. In addition the role provides support and assistance to the Finance Director with a particular emphasis on technical accounting matters.
Main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Hands-on management, support and development of the finance team of 4
- Maintain the integrity of accurate management accounts reporting and provide insight to variance analysis and discussions
- Control over balance sheet reconciliations including full investigations of variances
- Maintaining a good understanding of technical accounting standards (UK GAAP/ IFRS)
- Identify and quantify areas of financial opportunity and risk
- Provide a central accounting resource to aid business partners understanding of actual performance in regard to overhead costs, utilising feedback of key variances to plan
- Preparation of the weekly cash flow submissions
- Preparation of the monthly working capital reports for inclusion in the board packs
- Ad hoc projects
As the successful Finance Manager you will be / have:
- A fully qualified Accountant
- Strong team management and coaching skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels
- A strong focus on process improvement
- Happy to roll your sleeves up when required
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Finance Manager :
- Base salary of £50K
- Career progression