Gleeson Recruitment Group are looking to recruit an experienced Finance Manager for a large services business based in Cheltenham. This will be a highly rewarding role that will allow you to put your own stamp on things. Coaching and mentoring a small team is key to this role and you should have previous experience of doing this.
You will seek out and drive the necessary process improvements to deliver an efficient finance function that is fit for purpose, whilst working with a supportive Finance Director who genuinely enjoys developing people and will allow you the autonomy to manage your team as you see fit.
The successful Finance Manager will be working for a well-respected business who have won awards for their products and who have endured the current economic crisis very well. The culture is fast paced, flexible and hardworking and you will be happy to roll your sleeves up when required. The successful candidate will ensure the group operates within a framework of robust financial controls, procedures and policies whilst ensuring the team have the necessary skills they need to deliver their job role effectively.
- Hands-on management, support and development of the finance team of 4
- Maintain the integrity of accurate management accounts reporting and provide insight to variance analysis and discussions
- Control over balance sheet reconciliations including full investigations of variances
- Maintaining a good understanding of technical accounting standards (UK GAAP/ IFRS)
- Identify and quantify areas of financial opportunity and risk
- Provide a central accounting resource to aid business partners understanding of actual performance in regard to overhead costs, utilising feedback of key variances to plan
- Preparation of the weekly cash flow submissions to Group
- Preparation of the monthly working capital reports for inclusion in the board packs
- Ad hoc projects
As the successful Finance Manager you will be / have:
- A fully qualified Accountant
- Strong team management and coaching skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels
- A strong focus on process improvement
- Happy to roll your sleeves up when required
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Finance Manager :
- Base salary of £50K / £60K
- Car allowance
- Career progression