£45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus
3 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are looking to recruit a Finance Manager for a growing business based close to Cheltenham who are experiencing significant change in the market place. This is a newly created role and will see the successful candidate reporting into the Finance Director and supporting the Executive Board as well as managing a small team. This role will drive the performance of the business and will suit a fully qualified Accountant who has a strong commercial background and has advanced Excel skills.
The successful Finance Manager will be responsible for driving internal and external insight to ensure the business is keeping pace with its competitors. This role will be to dramatically improve the quality of the forecasting and management information and will work closely with the FD and the Executive Board. This is a senior position within the finance team and will be a stepping stone into a bigger role within 18 months to 2 years. The successful candidate will also work closely with operational managers to understand, analyse and model business growth and evaluate areas for improvement across all areas of the business.
The role of Finance Manager is seen as a key development position within the business and will suit someone who is looking for a real "value add" role where you will see the impact of what you do in both the short and long term.
The successful Finance Manager will be working for a well-respected brand who operate in a multi-site environment and who have an excellent reputation within their sector. The company offers a flexible working environment that has a supportive culture and encourages their people to reach their full potential. The successful candidate will have a proactive nature and the ability to engage credibly at all levels.
The Finance Manager will lead business planning and analysis as well as provide insight into underlying trends and performance improvement opportunities. You will participate as a key member of the finance team - influencing decision making and strategic priorities.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Manage, motivate and support a small but well-formed team to drive best practice.
- To drive, advise and support the business in the development of accurate reporting /dashboards and more insightful analysis.
- Regeneration of the Board report.
- Head up Projects to deliver finance data cube and digital reporting.
- Support in the commercial, operational and financial delivery of strategic objectives.
- To support the business in taking financial decisions and being accountable for the outcomes through effective reporting and detailed analysis.
- To be valued as an effective finance partner by driving best practice.
- To provide timely and robust financial information -, budgets, forecasts, strategic plans and analysis to support decision making.
- To improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the financial reporting models and risk management.
- Involvement of key projects including the finance data reporting cube and production reporting.
As the successful Finance Manager you will be:
- A fully qualified accountant
- Strong communication skills
- Focused on making a difference
- Strong team management and coaching capability
- Strong focus on quality and attention to detail
- Strong Excel modelling skills
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Finance Manager:
- Base salary £45 - 55k