Gleeson Recruitment Group are pleased to be working with a Not For Profit organisation based in Birmingham, who are now looking for a Finance Manager to join their growing team on a 9 month fixed term contract. The role offer hybrid working and they are looking for someone to start within the next 4 weeks.
As Finance Manager your role will be to work closely with senior management, taking full ownership of finance, managing and developing a team and business partnering with departments.
- You will be the finance expert supporting the organisational leadership and management teams to monitor financial performance in their area.
- Overseeing well integrated, organisational wide annual and multi-year planning and budgeting processes, including the modelling of financial scenarios
- Acting as the guardian of best practice for financial governance, legal compliance and risk management in relation to funding and project management.
- You will have an understanding of the vat and tax complexities that exist for charities with trading subsidiaries.
- Supporting decision making and performance monitoring through the provision and further development of appropriate and timely management information.
- Overseeing legal, governance and other external professional relationships relating to the finance function
- Responsibility for governance processes including presenting Board papers detailing financial information, governance and operational information for review and discussion by the Board of Trustees at regular Trustee meetings
- Lead on the budgeting and business planning cycles within the organisation
- Lead on the continuous improvement of financial and business processes
- Oversee preparation of Annual Accounts through liaison with Auditors, ensuring statutory financial responsibilities and reporting requirements are met in a timely manner
- Lead on the preparation of The Trustees' Annual Report.
- You will be the lead for monitoring, reviewing and managing key risks affecting the Society
- Line manage, encourage and empower the finance team in professional and personal development
- Work with colleagues from the fundraising team to ensure that new business is costed effectively and in line with organisational requirements around contributions to reserves and full cost recovery
- Work with colleagues in the project governance teams to ensure that programme related real time budget issues are addressed and resolved as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Carry out all other duties as maybe reasonably assigned from time to time and with the level of this Job Description.
- A recognised accounting qualification such as ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Experience of presenting financial information at Board level.
- Advanced Excel skills including v-look ups, pivot tables, data validation, conditional formatting, index and match
- Experience of overseeing the preparation of monthly management information and statutory accounting including group-wide annual and multi-year planning and budgeting processes and modelling of financial scenarios.
- Ability to plan, prioritise, achieve targets and deliver to deadlines
- Excellent communicator with ability to build and maintain relationships with all stakeholders
If this role sounds of interest to you please click apply