Finance Manager - Slough
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Finance Manager to really make their mark in a globally renowned and international Top 25 organisation based in Slough who has a portfolio of instantly recognisable brands, powered by innovative marketeers.
Reporting to the Finance Controller you will be responsible for:
▪ Ensuring that month end reporting and closing deadlines set out by the group are adhered to with the highest quality of deliverables
▪ Reviewing balance sheet schedules with the shared services team and providing input and support on improving the quality of work performed for your entities
▪ Extensively reviewing the VAT returns prepared by the shared services team and supporting the FC and Finance Director on other compliance related matters
▪ Leading and coordinating half-year, hard close and annual audit of the entity by the external auditors including the preparation of statutory Financial Statements as per IFRS and FRS 102.
▪ Leading and coordinating internal audit reviews including the closure of all audit points through successful implementation of agreed improvement plans by the owners
▪ Quarterly control review for your entities including Segregation of Duties Conflict review and eliminating or mitigating these controls through implementation of additional automated or manual controls
▪ Review of efficiency of controls against the Global Financial Controls Framework and performing a full self-assessment on an ongoing basis
▪ Forecasting and reporting the Net Working Capital position on a monthly basis with detailed commentary to explain variance to the Management Team
▪ Lead the development of automated processes and controls to reduce costs and improve efficiencies. E.g. automation of manual controls etc.
▪ Maintain good working relationships with sales, finance, account resolution, operations, and other partners.
Required Skills and Competencies:
▪ Accounting Qualification (ACA or ACCA) with at least 1 years' experience (PQE) gained preferably within an accounting firm
▪ Prior industry experience would be beneficial
▪ Strong Excel & Analytical skills required
▪ Experience with JD Edwards and SAP systems
▪ Demonstratable problem solving skills with a positive mindset
▪ Experience in managing a team would be beneficial
▪ You will be a strong team player with refined communication skills
▪ A confident self starter who uses their initiative & can work independently with little supervision
▪ Multi-tasking - need to be organised, highly efficient and able push multiple tasks forward at the same time
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Finance Manager to really make their mark in a globally renowned and international organisation. You should have a desire to continue your professional development at a rapid pace. This is a true meritocracy, hard work and brilliance will be rewarded by fast progression and bonus.