Birmingham, West Midlands
£50000 - £55000 per annum + 10% bonus, central location, WFH days
about 1 month ago
Finance Manager roles don't get much better than this - working for an award-winning B2C company based in the heart of Birmingham city centre, who truly invest in their people and take huge pride in their product and service; environmentally focused, on a huge growth curve, and also a fun, friendly place to work!
Easy walking distance from all the major transport hubs, their offices are modern and fresh, and they also offer all the contemporary benefits such as flexible working (including regular work from home days), casual dress code, gym membership, health care cash plan, and plenty of social events, as well as the usual benefits like pension and 25 days holiday...
This Finance Manager role is a good mix of both management accounting & analysis, as well as some financial reporting and statutory accounting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage, develop and nurture a small team of analysts and assistant accountants.
- Prepare monthly management accounts, including insightful P&L and Balance sheet analysis and commentary.
- Management and effective close of the month end process ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Prepare monthly project reviews for specific areas of the business or areas of focus.
- Oversee budget management and periodic reforecasting.
- Develop, deliver and maintain robust accounting systems & processes to ensure the integrity of day to day accounting.
- Manage the monthly payroll review across the group analysing and reporting on the information received from the payroll bureau.
- Managing the review of all payroll related statutory reporting.
- Work collaboratively with the wider finance team to support the annual Audit and prepare inputs for the production of the Statutory Accounts
WHO WE SEEK:
The successful Finance Manager must be a fully qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA), with circa 3 years post-qualification experience in a hands-on accounting role. You will have proven experience of managing and developing a small team, be highly IT literate; enjoy automating processes and procedures to improve efficiencies; and have strong technical and commercial acumen.
In person we seek: a passionate, consistent, confident team-player, with outstanding attention to detail - someone who likes to over-achieve and 'deliver right first time'. You will be friendly open and personable, with strong influencing ability at all levels; proactively drive continuous improvement with your "can-do" attitude; and be able to grow with the role.
The following benefits package is available to the successful Finance Manager:
- Salary of £50,000 - £55,000 base; plus:
- 10% bonus;
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top);
- Flexible working (including regular work from home days);
- Private pension plan;
- Gym membership at PureGym;
- Health care Cash Plan (including dental, optical, physio, online GP, employee assistance program, and 4000 online discounts!);
- Casual dress code;
- Birmingham city centre office (walkable from all major transport hubs);
- Social and team building events on a regular basis;
- Career progression!
If you are interested in finding out more about this awesome Finance Manager role in Birmingham city centre, please apply ASAP with your most recent CV, as we are shortlisting NOW! Or feel free to get in touch with us directly. Thank you.