Solihull, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + 10% Bonus
5 months ago
Finance Manager - 40 - 50k + 10% Bonus, 25 days holiday, Pension & Private Medical Insurance
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a growing Service organisation in Shirley who are looking for a Finance Manager to join their growing team. The Finance Manager will have an initial focus on implementing new and improving current processes within the statutory and management accounts, whilst leading a small team and starting to build relationships across the business.
Due to the size of the company currently, there is an opportunity for a hungry individual to identify other areas that need improvement and add a wealth of key achievements to their CV. This role will report into an ambitious and driven Finance Director who is willing to offer as much exposure as someone can take on. The current strategy will see the business grow from 50 to 100m over the next few years and needs an Accountant who thrives under pressure and has aspirations to become an Financial Controller in the near future.
The environment is fast paced and will suit an individual who enjoys a busy workload and wants to understand what "the numbers" mean and is keen to provide recommendations on how to improve. Internal relationships will need to be developed to highlight any outlets that are struggling, and to ensure all new projects are financially viable.
- Management of the finance processing function specifically:
- Accounts receivable, driving strong cash collection performance
- Supplier reconciliation and efficient end to end P2P processes
- Managing the billing function to help deliver a quality service to our customer base
- Payroll processing including management of sales commissions
- Leading and developing the team in line with the company values, ensuring strong stakeholder engagement
- Development and management of operational finance KPI framework that enable simple measurement of performance and identification of corrective actions
- Responsible for the month end close process, which will include:
- Management of a month end timetable to deliver high quality outputs to a timescale that enables delivery of timely meaningful data to the management team
- Full balance sheet responsibility, ensuring every month end is performed with year-end standards
- Full responsibility for overhead analysis and insight therefrom
- Dealing directly with external auditors and managing the full audit process to produce quality results in a timely and efficient manner
- Key point of contact and compliance for all corporation tax, VAT and other taxes, including managing queries from HMRC and any external agents engaged