Up to £65000.00 per annum + benefits & hybrid-working
about 1 month ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with a market leading business in Birmingham in search of a Finance Manager. This position sits with a large specialist business, offering great progression opportunities as well as fantastic exposure to unique and exciting projects to the West Midlands region. They require an ambitious, commercially-minded accountant to join their business to support across a variety of functions. This is an exciting position that will allow the successful individual to progress later in their career and have tangible influence of the company's future strategy.
As Finance Manager you will report into the head of the department and will be responsible for the following:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the contractual obligations, commercial models, and performance targets for the business
- Provide guidance to the business to ensure processes and strategic initiatives are being met
- Challenging and continually developing improved processes to maintain the organisation's position as a trusted money management service
- Staff management, motivation and development
- Ensuring knowledge of accounting standards is maintained and providing guidance across the team
- Driving process documentation and process improvements
- Working closely with Management Accounts to adhere to reporting requirements and deadlines
- Consolidation of monthly UK results
- Monthly financial reporting, analysis and commentary
- Financial transaction reviews and interrogation
- Assistance with statutory accounts and audit queries
- Submission of quarterly vat returns
The ideal candidate for this role may have already acted as a Finance Manager previously:
- Qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Strong ability to business partner & influence stakeholders.
- Experience within new projects.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to interpret financials into meaningful business recommendations.
- Ideally studied Accountancy/Economics/Business at university level.
What's On Offer?
- Salary up to £65,000 + benefits
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading brand
- A positive and down-to-earth culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Eligibility for a generous bonus scheme
If this sounds like the perfect position for you then please click apply to this advert!