Reading - £55,000 - £67,500 + bonus
Our client is offering an opportunity that will provide development and broad experience as you take possibly your first managerial steps as a qualified accountant.
An award winning and highly acquisitive business within a buoyant sector that will provide long term career opportunities and skills development.
- Managing the month end reporting process for a key business services division (encompassing 10 legal entities), ensuring the monthly management accounts and group reporting documents are delivered accurately and within deadlines
- Providing insightful analysis to Divisional MDs on their monthly results, highlighting any areas of concern/overspend. Supporting with Divisional heads as required to review their P&L
- Attending quarterly Board meetings for the Risk business, providing update on financial performance
- Liaising with external service provider to support in line with Group reporting requirements
- Ensuring that balance sheet reconciliations are completed on a monthly basis by the team. Review of balance sheet reconciliations ensuring all issues are resolved.
- Staff management, development and training, together with recruitment where required. Responsible for annual performance reviews
- Dealing with and resolving queries from the group's auditors.
- Identify and implement process improvements to drive greater efficiency and accuracy in the production of the management accounts. Maintain and recommend best practice financial procedures and controls in line with business growth.
- Assist in the annual budgeting process.
- Assist divisional heads and Group Financial Controller on ad hoc projects as required
- Qualified (ACCA, ACA or CIMA)
- Line management experience essential
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to plan and prioritise
- Excellent IT skills - Experience of Microsoft suite of products, Word, Excel etc.
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Business Partnering Experience
- Experience of D365 accounting system
- Month end processes
- Comprehensive understanding of accounting principals.
- Minimum of 2 years PQE required
- Experience of divisional or departmental accounts