Finance Manager - Birmingham - 50 - 60k
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a manufacturing organisation in Birmingham to recruit a hands-on Finance Manager. As the Finance Manager, you will be supporting the Financial Controller in understanding and identifying profitability, providing detailed and meaningful finance information, providing an exceptional business partnering service to the wider business to understand their operational challenges and finding innovative solutions, and developing a team of junior finance assistants who are eager to progress.
The environment will be fast paced, ever changing and needs a dynamic individual who possess the ability to prioritise their workload and delegate where necessary. This is an excellent opportunity to work hand in hand with the manufacturing team and they will rely on your insight to improve their performance. This will need a resilient Accountant who understands the important of building relationships and enjoys supporting non-finance with an aim of adding value and reducing costs. The Finance Manager role should be seen as a steppingstone to a Financial Controller in the future, and the current FC will ensure that enough knowledge and exposure is passed on to make sure that you are ready for the step up.
The Finance Manager responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the preparation of timely & accurate daily, weekly & monthly site P&L's. Both internally to site and externally to central finance function.
- Driving team performance to ensure the above deadlines are consistently meet with.
- Reporting all the sites financial performance including relevant KPI's.
- Preparing flash forecasts, quarterly forecasts, and annual budgets for the site.
- Supporting the Financial controller in identifying and driving continuous improvements around processes and controls
- Ensuring good and timely daily analysis of profit drivers and minimising risk, particular focus around:-
The right person for the Finance Manager role will need an individual who has a wealth of manufacturing experience, is Qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) and can demonstrate commercial finance knowledge.