£65000.00 - £85000 per annum + Car + Bonus
4 months ago
I am recruiting a team management Finance Manager role for a subsidiary of a leading PLC. Based in London with hybrid working, this is an outstanding opportunity to join a growing business in the renewable energy sector.
With hybrid working, you will be a qualified accountant with experience gained from a Corporate or larger SME background. You will have full eligibility to work in the UK.
The Finance Manager is an integral role in the Financial Reporting and Control team. You will lead a team of 4 and be responsible for all financial accounting matters, month-end reporting, audit management, and our customer billing, AP/AR function.
You will ensure the accuracy and integrity of our financial data, high-quality reporting and effective financial systems, processes and controls. You will lead transformation projects for the team and be a continuous improvement champion.
You will work closely with the wider finance team (Regulatory finance, Finance Transformation and Commercial finance) and engage with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ownership of month end reporting process, including month end close of accounting system (SAP), ensuring accurate data is recorded in P&L, Balance sheet and Cashflow to meet month end deadlines.
- Result reporting to Group, including variance analysis, risk and opportunity analysis and updated forecasts of P&L, Balance sheet and Cashflow
- Ensuring all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a regular basis
ANNUAL REPORT AND AUDIT MANAGEMENT
- Production of Annual Report in line with IFRS for listed entities
- Management of end-to-end audit process for entity audit, being the primary contact for audit manager
- Primary contact for group auditors
OTHER GROUP REPORTING
- Production of annual budget, 3/5-year forecast and lifetime contract business plan
- Managing ad-hoc group reporting requests
- Ensure accurate monthly billing to customers and ensuring excellent customer service
- Oversee billing analysis and forecasting as required by management and wider finance team
- Ensure timely payment of invoices to suppliers, ensuring prompt payment KPIs are consistently achieved
- Dealing with customer billing and supplier invoice escalations to ensure timely resolution
- Manage the relationship with the shared service centre, ensuring that the quality of service meets required standards.
- Being a SAP expert, ensuring we are maximising the potential of the system to improve both the quality and efficiency of reporting
- Ensuring appropriate financial controls and associated processes are in place and working effectively, driving continuous improvement into the control environment
- Lead on transformation of processes in the financial reporting and control area, including identifying areas for automation
- Manage 4 direct reports (2 financial accounts, 1 AR lead and 1 AP lead), including performance management, career development, identifying training needs, workload planning, etc
- Recruitment into roles as required
Skills and Experiences Essential
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent), minimum 5 years PQE with 2 years in industry in a financial accountant role or finance manager role with smaller scope
- Wide use of SAP accounting system
- Up to date IFRS knowledge
- Preparation of full set of financial statements, including all disclosures
- Audit management, either end-to-end or of complete areas such as revenue, expenses, assets, etc.
- Excellent communication skills to manage a team and engage with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to write well-crafted documents, easily understood by non-finance departments and third parties
- Proven experience of process improvement
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage significant workload across the team
Skills and Experiences Desirable
- Preparation of financial statements and other Annual Report sections for listed entities
- Continuous improvement training