Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus
5 months ago
Finance Manager - Birmingham - £40 - 55k + 10% Bonus
Are you looking to make a move from practice into Industry and interested in joining an organisation that has grown organically over the past 7 years?
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a growing organisation in Central Birmingham who are looking for a Finance Manager to join the business. This is a great opportunity for a practice trained accountant who is looking to move into Industry with an employer that offers a flexible and lively working environment and the opportunity to take control of a £10m turnover. The day to day will include leading a small team, preparing monthly management accounts and supporting the Finance Director with the yearly audit.
The organisation are in drastic need of change and require an individual who can drive changes, improve all processes and ensure reporting is accurate and on time.
As the Finance Manager in Birmingham your responsibilities will include:
- Production of the regular monthly management information
- Presentation of the financial information internally to the Leadership group
- Short term (up to 3 months) Cash flow forecasting and control
- Continual development of the Financial KPIs
- Group reporting
- Manage the whole month end closure process; prepare, review and post monthly journals where necessary
- Prepare analysis of financial information for monitoring reports when required
- Manage annual financial audits
- Provide an external interface with banks, auditors and key vendors
- Provide oversight over and financial control of the payroll
- Submit all external reporting/updates
- Review annual contract renewals (business/credit insurance)
- Provide the business with the ability to manage and control the overhead costs.
- Cost accuracy (proactive review, not reactive)
- Manage a small team
Is the Finance Manager in Birmingham role right for me?
The right person for this role will be Qualified ACCA or ACA with previous experience gained within a practice environment. With a junior team in place, the incumbent will be seen as a source of information and a mentor with brilliant communications skills and a personality that is considered, fair and transparent. A hands on attitude is essential, with a willingness to be involved in all accounting matters. Day to day responsibilities will include preparing management & statutory accounts, business partnering with the wider business and providing detailed MI to the leadership team.
Finance Manager in Birmingham Package:
- £40,000 - £55,000
- 10% Bonus
- Private Healthcare
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working hours