Birmingham, West Midlands
£55000.00 - £60000 per annum + Bonus, PHC, Pension
24 days ago
A thriving, robust and expanding Financial Services (FS) company based in Birmingham, West Midlands, is looking to appoint a Finance Manager into their high-achieving Corporate team. We are looking for a fully qualified accountant who has an interest in or previous experience in FS, and a strong technical understanding of accounting standards. The role is a great mix of both statutory reporting and management accounts, with a business partnering focus too, and offers a perfect career step into a Financial Controller role.
The Finance Manager will be responsible the provision of accurate and timely financial information to the Senior Management Team. Key responsibilities will include:
- Produce the statutory annual report and accounts.
- Research and prepare technical accounting papers on impact of new/ amendments to accounting standards, and appropriate accounting treatment of significant business transactions.
- Ensure all taxation matters are dealt with in line with procedures and provide the outsourced tax advisors with all required data and reports.
- Oversee plan for the external audits as appropriate, being a key contact for resolution of audit queries.
- Prepare, produce and develop the management accounts process.
- Review expenditure commitments and invoices against budgets and prepare appropriate monthly reports of expenses.
- Review month end balance sheet reconciliations, and involvement with month end close process and reporting.
- Support the production of annual budgets and periodic forecasts.
- Support business partnering and develop insightful and appropriate MI to aid management decisions.
WHO WE SEEK:
The successful Finance Manager we seek must be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA), and you are likely to have trained in Practice or worked in a regulated or FS business previously, to have strong technical accounting standards knowledge.
In person we are looking for a team player, with excellent organisation skills and strong communications both verbally and written. This is a role where you can really make a difference in improving the process and procedures, they want someone who can see the 'bigger picture' and strive to achieve best working standards.
- Salary £55-65,000 DOE
- Central Birmingham office location (easily accessible by public transport)
- 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Defined contributory pension scheme
- DIS and private health screening
- Discount packages and perks
- Flexible wellbeing benefits
To apply for the Finance Manager position based in central Birmingham, West Midlands, please apply to this advert with your CV at your earliest convenience. Alternatively get in touch with us directly on Linked In for further information. We look forward to hearing from you!