West Bromwich, West Midlands
£45000 - £55000 per annum + flexible hours, pension, life assurance
about 2 months ago
An experienced manufacturing Finance Manager is sought by a successful, traditional yet progressive, manufacturing business, based in the Black Country, West Bromwich. Our client has enjoyed success globally for over 50 years, and pride themselves on keeping ahead of the curve with trends on their market and internal procedures, making them a refreshing change in the traditional manufacturing market.
This particular role can offer flexible working hours, e.g. an early start & finish at 7am-3.30pm or later start & finish 9.30am-6pm helping if necessary with family commitments or work-life balance.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for a particular division of the UK business, and the management accounts and commercial activity for the manufacturing site based in West Bromwich.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Producing management accounts and financial information to the site SMT and Group requirements;
- Leading the budgeting process and business planning;
- Monitor financial targets and align business plans;
- Report and present on financial performance of the business unit;
- Key Variance analysis;
- Key working capital drivers - monitor and report optimisation;
- Site inventory - hands-on validation and monitoring;
- Monitoring of selling prices and current costings;
- Business partnering Operations and constructively challenging operational performances;
- Develop new IT value-add reporting and analysis (collaborating with the IT department);
- Support CAPEX and drive return on investment;
- Other ad-hoc project work and continuous improvement of policies, procedures and vision are all welcomed by the business.
As the successful Finance Manager, you will need to have strong experience from within the manufacturing sector, and be a fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA). You will have excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes, BOM's and labour routings, plus standard costing, margin analysis and production variance reporting.
In person, we seek someone who is a forward-thinker, who can constructively challenge the status-quo; who wants to utilise and develop the ERP systems and IT reporting to enhance the performance of the unit. You must be a strong relationship builder at all levels, who enjoys getting out into the business, investigating any problems, able to influence and an aptitude for problem solving.
The Finance Manager role in West Bromwich is offering:
Base salary £50-55,000 (depending on experience)
Company pension scheme (4% employee/ 4% employer contribution)
Life assurance 4 x salary
Flexible working (Start / finish up to 1.5 hours earlier / later. i.e 7am-3.30pm or 9.30am-6pm) Standard hours 8.30am-5pm
25 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays on top)
Free onsite parking
To apply for the manufacturing Finance Manager position in West Bromwich, West Midlands, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to us for perusal. Please feel free to get in touch with us directly if you would like any further information about the role or business.