Birmingham, West Midlands
£55000 - £65000 per annum
3 months ago
Due to a major project, my client requires an excellent Finance Manager to oversee a team of 30 with 5 direct reports.
Reporting to the Head of Finance - Operations, the Finance Manager will manage the delivery of client focussed processes and provide guidance and support to the managers and team leaders across the legal cashiering team; credit control team; purchase ledger team and an SRA compliance team.
The role will be primarily based in Birmingham but will require occasional travel to other sites.
This is an 18 month fixed term contract.
The successful candidate:
- an accountancy qualification (CIMA; ACCA; ACA) or part qualified or QBE is desirable.
- experience of a legal cashiering environment is essential; exposure to credit control is desirable but not a pre-requisite
- excellent systems awareness and IT literacy
- a strong financial background with solid understanding of how the legal cashiering transactions and credit control functions interact with the rest of the finance function and the wider business
- sound practical and theoretical knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules
- previous demonstrable experience of improving financial processes and implementation of change