Birmingham, West Midlands
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + + benefits
4 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with a market leading business in south Birmingham in search of a Finance Manager. This is a new position that offers great progression opportunities as well as fantastic exposure to unique and exciting projects to the West Midlands region. They require an ambitious, commercially-minded accountant/analyst to join their business to support across a variety of functions. This is an exciting position that will allow the successful individual to progress later in their career and have tangible influence of the company's future strategy.
As Finance Manager you will report into the head of the department and will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring the group is preparing financial reporting in accordance with accounting standards and group requirements
- Management of month/quarter/year end financial reporting processes and assisting with the audit process
- Review and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and fluctuation analysis
- Review and analyse reserves across the group
- The ability to understand explain complex accounting issues to non-finance stakeholders
- Understanding differences between group and local level accounting requirements and impacts
- Support local teams with statutory accounting preparation and issues as they arise
- To identify process and reporting improvement opportunities at consolidation
- Investigation of and reporting on any identified control weaknesses or control failures
- Recommend and help implement control improvements necessary to the financial reporting process
- Support management in building controls awareness and skills among local finance teams with a view to strengthening internal controls
The ideal candidate for this role may have already acted as a Finance Manager previously, or are ready to make their second move following an earlier transition from practice to industry:
- Qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Strong ability to business partner & influence stakeholders.
- Prior experience with managing a team.
- Experience within new projects.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to interpret financials into meaningful business recommendations.
- Ideally studied Accountancy/Economics/Business at university level.
What's On Offer?
- Salary up to £55,000 + benefits
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading brand
- A positive and down-to-earth culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Eligibility for a generous bonus scheme
If this sounds like the perfect position for you then please click apply to this advert!