Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with a global manufacturing business who are recruiting for a qualified accountant (ACA,ACCA,CIMA) to join them as a UK Finance Manager based in Birmingham.
This diverse role covers many aspects of Financial Control Management & Accounting, including complex technical aspects AND team management. Main responsibilities include financial control, month end close lead, UK stats and reconciliations.
Key Responsibilities, Finance Manager, Birmingham
- Be responsible for, and support, general, critical, and specific Accounting and Control processes, procedures, schedules and tasks.
- Lead closing process - Planning, communicating and ensuring adherence to month end deadlines. Includes SAP journal entry management, journals including Non-controlling interest and European consolidation work and Oracle checks. Requires working with local and Division finance teams.
- Fixed Asset accounting
- UK statutory accounting completion & audit(s) leadership & other local compliance - such as HMRC, duty, VAT etc.
- Account reconciliations including blackline system - Monthly corporate control process, done to an audit standard.
- Intercompany accounting management - including queries resolution.
- Key project work e.g. SOX control, improvement, R&D tax credits
- Weekly Divisional Cash Forecasting & Reporting: Presenting to Division leadership team on weekly call (generally as cover)
- Covering Finance Controller work
- Treasury matters e.g. review of cash forecast sent to Corporate
- Forecasting - monthly forecast and review with budget holders.
- Support plant control (accruals, prepayments etc) and other plant control as required
Skills & Experience, Finance Manager, Birmingham
- Previous finance experience required
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualification
- Ideally SAP knowledge or other ERP system
- Multi currency experience (beneficial)
- Advanced excel skills
For more information on this Finance Manager position please do get in touch