Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with a market leading business in south Birmingham in search of a Finance Manager. This is a new position that offers great progression opportunities as well as fantastic exposure to unique and exciting projects to the West Midlands region. They require an ambitious, commercially-minded accountant/analyst to join their business to support across a variety of functions. This is an exciting position that will allow the successful individual to progress later in their career and have tangible influence of the company's future strategy.
As Finance Manager you will report into the head of the department and will be responsible for the following:
- Manage small finance team.
- Lead the month end close process, including critical analysis of first draft overheads and balance sheet results.
- Monthly variances (vs forecast, budget and last year) and remedial activities actioned for overheads and people costs.
- Prepare, review and process month-end journals.
- Day-today management of the core accounting system, including implementing improvements and reducing the number of incorrectly recorded transactions.
- Develop and provide business partnering services within the Finance Team and across the wider business.
- Review of the Fixed Asset Register.
- Completion of year end statutory accounts and reconciliations to the management accounts
- Lead year-end audit process.
- Support the organisation with its strategic projects
The ideal candidate for this role may have already acted as a Finance Manager previously, or are ready to make their second move following an earlier transition from practice to industry:
- Qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Strong ability to business partner & influence stakeholders.
- Prior experience with managing a team.
- Experience within new projects.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to interpret financials into meaningful business recommendations.
- Ideally studied Accountancy/Economics/Business at university level.
What's On Offer?
- Salary up to £55,000 + benefits
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading brand
- A positive and down-to-earth culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Eligibility for a generous bonus scheme
If this sounds like the perfect position for you then please click apply to this advert!